Making your own hooped earrings is so much easier than most people think. Classic hoop earrings are a wardrobe staple that will never go out of style. They are an easy way to upgrade almost any outfit, and they also make wonderful gifts. Best of all, they are really quite simple to make. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to make DIY heart hoop earrings from old metallic bangles………
If you want to reuse those old metallic bangles an create something fabulous….. then you are on the right place…..
Let’s get started…….
- Metallic bangles (2)
- Heart-shaped object
- Jewelry pliers
- Wire cutters
How to make DIY heart hoop earrings:
- Take an old metallic bangle and find the joint in the bangle, now cut the bangle by using the wire cutters from that joint…… (if you cut the bangle at any place other than the joint, the bangle may break from the joint while bending)
- Now with the help of jewelry pliers bend about 7 mm of the wire at one end at about 80 degrees.
- You have to place the bent wire on the heart-shaped object (I used a heart-shaped sharpener)
- Trace the heart shape till you reach the bent end of the bangle.
- Now make a loop at the other end of the bangle wire and cut the excess if any…
Now you just need to file the bent end of the bangle to smooth out the sharp edge….
Yay…. Your DIY heart hoop earrings are ready….. You can wear them as it is or you may customize them……
Customize and Wear…!
One of the best things about making your own hooped earrings is that you can customize them….. All you need is a little imagination and you can whip up individual pieces that reflect your style and personality in no time!!
I used nail paint to give them some color, you can also use spray paints….
I used embroidery thread to wrap it…. Make sure to leave the space for your ear unwrapped by the embroidery thread….
Do you enjoy making your own jewelry? Let me know your thoughts about these DIY heart-shaped hoop earrings in the comments space below…………
Hope you like it…….