I’ve always been a fan of army green and now camouflage is creeping onto my radar. I had a little DIY idea in my head for using camouflage, which is a little on the feminine side – but I just had to work on the execution. When I found some camouflage fabric in my local fabric market I knew it would be the centerpiece of my next project.
This clutch is nothing too fancy but perfect for throwing your essentials in and pairing with a classic outfit. Naturally, this process can be used to create a multitude of clutch able projects depending on what fabric you have.
Let’s get cracking!!
Materials required to make DIY camouflage sling bag:
- Camouflage fabric
- Fabric for lining
- Fiber “No Parking” signs
- Needle and Thread
- Magnetic closure
- Super Glue (mod podge or fevibond)
- Clear tape (broad)
- Leather Pieces
- Shoulder strap from an old bag
Steps to make DIY camouflage sling bag:
- Grab the material
- Cut the Fiber “No Parking” signs to size
- Flap: width 9 inches
- Top: 9 x 2.3 inches
- Back: 9 x 6.5 inches
- Bottom: 9 x 2.3 inches
- Front: 9 x 6.5 inches
- Sides: 6.5 x 2.3 inches
- Place each piece as shown in the picture, 1mm apart from each other.
- Now you have to join all the joints by applying broad clear tape.
- Flip the structure and repeat the process.
- This will be the skeleton of your bag………
- This is now ready to be covered up…….
- Place the camouflage fabric upside down and place the skeleton on it.
- Leaving approx an inch seam allowance, cut and remove the extra fabric.
- Do the same with the lining.
- Stick it to the skeleton with super glue.
- Place the magnetic closure where you want them to sit and then fix it with the help of pliers.
- Now grab the needle and thread and sew all around the skeleton’s parameter (just to make it secure enough)
- Make 2 loops of the camouflage fabric.
- Sew them, one on each side as shown in the picture……..
- Now put one side and back part together (keep the seam allowance on the inside)
- Take the needle and thread, starting from the top, pierce it out from the inside of one panel and then take it in through the other panel as shown in the picture……. Try to do it as tight as possible…….
- Keep doing this all the way down and then all the way up…… then finally tie it to secure it…….
- You have to repeat this on all the sides……..
- Now to give the finishing touch, glue all the seam allowance to the inside….. as shown in the picture.
- To decorate the bag a little bit, grab the leather pieces……..
- Cut the darker one in 1cm squares and stick them all around the flap portion and on the loops to hide the stitching.
- Then cut 0.6cm squares from the light colored leather and stick them on top of the dark leather diagonally.
- And finally, add the straps.
If you want this bag to be more functional then add a pocket to the inside of the bag. Here I have used a pocket from an old bag (you may make a new one)
- Take the pocket, place some newspapers inside to prevent the sticking of both the layers of the pocket.
- Apply glue to the back part of the pocket.
- Stick it to the inside of the bag.
- Let it dry, and your bag is ready to use………………
You are all set to flaunt this DIY camouflage sling bag with some classy outfits…….
Hope you like it….…….!!
Find me on Social Media